This Thanksgiving was a very special one. For the first time in our nearly 14 years together, Steve and I were able to share the holiday with both sets of parents at our home. Hopefully the table setting was deserving of the outstanding meal Steve prepared for us, including a multitude of yummy vegetable dishes to accommodate my vegetarian lifestyle.
Despite their somewhat lackluster expressions - probably a result of being unprepared for the camera's surprise appearance - our parents all got along beautifully and everyone had a delightful visit, even though due to various and sundry circumstances this was their first meeting ever!
Following dinner, it was time to kick back, relax and enjoy each other's company...
During this season of thanks, there are many things for which I'm grateful. It would be impossible to list them all, but of note, I'm thankful for:
- The unconditional love and joy my pets bring into my life
- My comfortable and cozy home
- A loving family and precious friends
- Gainful employment at a meaningful job I enjoy, working with wonderful people
- My health, sight, hearing, and having the strength and ability to do the many activities I enjoy
- The courage and compassion of people who rescue, protect, care for and speak out on behalf of animals
- Having enough food to eat, warmth and shelter
- Living in a country where things many people would view as luxuries beyond imagination are considered simple conveniences or even necessities
- Being able to share all these things with the Love of my Life, my husband Steve